Hello friends!
How was your day? I hope it was good.
How was mine? Here, let me tell you about it . . .
So my mom, sister KayleeBeth, brother Ryan, and I went into town today (we live about seven miles from town or the "city"). Kaylee and I had to get our teeth cleaned at the dentist so we went there and got that done which took about an hour because we also had to get a couple of sealants (see picture below).
Sealants are kind of like a filling but not quite -they help reduce the possibility of your tooth decaying.
So that was fun! I actually like going to the dentist. Oh on the way I'm thinking it will be horrible and everything will go wrong but then I get there and I feel calm and trust that they'll do a good job and it never hurts (the numbing needle pinches a little but it's not that bad, for me at anyways)!
After the dentist my mom dropped Kaylee and I at a bookstore where we wandered around for a bit while our mom and Ryan went to Costco (which is a warehouse store kind of like Winco's) to replace a tire that a screw had got into. o.O
Well, we walked over to Costco (on our way there we stopped by Michael's (which is a craft supply store) and got a few things there) and ate a late lunch at the cafeteria there while waiting for our car to get done. We didn't think it'd take very long but they hadn't even gotten our car in the tire place once we were finished eating because they were so busy! My dad needed Ryan to help him with fall clean up (my dad owns and operates a lawn care business) so we grabbed our car (which is a minivan by the way) and dropped him off with our dad and came back to Costco.
We shopped around a bit in the store but we didn't have much to get so it didn't take very long. My mom talked to the people at the Verizon kiosk for a while and even charged her phone there because it was dying and she needed to be able have it charged so the people from the tire place could call when the car was ready.
After that we went and looked around at rug mats, some coats, and then ended up in this random aisle with Christmas decorations (already! it's annoying how everyone pretty much skips Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas!) on one side and some hunting stuff and toys on the other. There were two hunting chairs out so you could sit in them to see if you liked them and we took turns sitting in those since our feet were tired of walking around for so long. We pretty much "camped out." People were looking at as funny as they walked by us. I guess it's a little strange to see people lounging around in Costco -er, in any other store then Walmart I guess it would be strange to see people doing that. =P
Here is my mom "sleeping" in one. ;)
This is Kaylee with a stack of boxes just about her height. =)
And here I am squashing this poor angry bird. =D
We had been at Costco for two hours (Kaylee was calling it our new home) and we still hadn't gotten a call from the tire place. Kaylee went and ran outside two times to see if they were making progress and both times they had the tire off but no tire on. Finally, we all went to ask them what was going on. They didn't have my mom's number (the guy forgot to ask and we thought they had it already since we've had them do tire stuff for us before) and they didn't have the tire we needed. My mom had them put on a different tire and within a couple of minutes were FINALLY good to go!
We quickly stopped by at the library to pick up some books and then came home. After running around all day it's home sweet home indeed. =)





Aww...sounded like you didn't have such a great day :( I HATE waiting for tires and things to get fixed in car places- they always take longer than you think. I know!!! they have Christmas stuff out so early, and it isn't even the end of October. It is ridiculous at the things stores do to get more money!! Glad that you finally got to go home!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great rest of your day! :) oh, and by the way- I loved the pictures!!! :)
Well, it wasn't too terrible but it wasn't great or anything either. Yes! They do always take waaaaaay longer than you think!
DeleteI'm glad you agree! It is ridiculous about having Christmas stuff in stores already!
I'm glad I got to go home too! =)
Thank you! They were taken from my mom's cell phone.
Shoot! You guys are much more patient than me...I would have been like "tire dudes...I ain't got all day!"
ReplyDeleteHaha! I could picture you saying that Karissa. =)
DeleteTalk about a crazy day!
ReplyDeleteYou betcha!
DeleteI love the pictures at Costco! Ha I like Costco for the free samples :) we don't have memberships there anymore but my friend does so I go with her sometimes. ,)
ReplyDeleteAnd I hate the dentist! Ugh haaattteee. I have super sensitive teeth so everything hurts. :/
Thanks! I love the free food samples too! Aw, that's too bad you don't have a membership there anymore but that's nice you can go with your friend that does. =)
DeleteHahaha! I guess I would hate the dentist too if I had super sensitive teeth! Poor you! =( Mine aren't real sensitive though and I have a higher pain threshold than most people.
I can't have my blog anymore. :/ it's a school rule. I was planning on doing an update post. I still have my blog, but no one can read it. It'll be back permanently in May! :) thanks for noticing it was gone. :)
ReplyDeleteBummer! Okay, well at least you'll be back in May!! I can hardly wait! =D
Delete