Wednesday, September 12, 2012

God is in Control

    A lot has happened in the past week. Some things occurred that made me draw a little closer to the Lord. I was glad for that as I've been feeling a little spiritually dry and in need of a personal revival.
    A friend of mine and I aren't as close as we once used to be and it's painful to watch our friendship seem to be slipping away and not knowing if I should do everything in my power to not let that happen or to just let it be and hope something good comes from it but I've finally placed it completely in God's hands and know He will do what He deems best for me and for my friend. I've stopped trying to control things but let Him.


    My dad was out getting firewood two weeks ago and a tree fell on him. He wasn't doing too bad and even went to work that week and the next but his back and the side of his ribs where the tree had hit were hurting pretty badly so he was taking aspirin daily for that and was seeming to be getting better but then last Thursday he fainted twice during the night when getting out of bed to get a drink and then to use the restroom. He stayed home from work on the next day and we were all praying that he'd get better. That evening, my sister Becky came over and was going to check his blood pressure but my dad needed to use the restroom first so he got up and was heading towards the bathroom door when his face paled and he started to faint. My mom and Becky rushed over to him while my brother Kirk called 911. I was upstairs when this was going on and my sister KayleeBeth rushed up to my room and told me what had happened and that she was really scared. We prayed and then heard the sirens coming and the firetruck and ambulance were here soon. It was so scary seeing my big, strong daddy being out on stretcher and being put in the ambulance. Kirk rode with my dad and my mom and Becky left shortly thereafter. It was then around 11:00 PM.
    Kaylee and I "camped out" in the living room and my little brother was amazingly asleep while all this was taking place (which was a good thing because he would've really been freaking out). I called a friend to ask for prayer and she helped calm me down a bit and was very comforting. Kaylee fell asleep after a while but I was so frightened and fearful of what would happen to my dad that I couldn't sleep, so I prayed. Oh how I prayed, and prayed, and prayed! The situation was out of my control and I went to the One who was in complete control for I knew He could help. Well, my mom got home about 1:30 AM and told me it was alright and that he would be okay. Immediately, relief washed over me and I was able to relax enough to go to sleep.


    On Saturday we visited my dad at the hospital and it was so good to seem him doing much better and acting like his usual self. We found out that the cause of all this had been the aspirin that he had been taking; the pain killer hadn't been able to process through his body very quickly and as he was taking it daily it slowly began to create holes in his stomach and he got ulcers and had gotten internal bleeding from it. They fixed the problem that day though and he was able to come home on Sunday evening, praise the Lord! He can't go back to work until next week once he's recovered but it's nice to have him around the house and to spend some time with him.


    All this has brought me closer to God and caused me to trust Him in everything and to know that He is in total control. Going through this has made me stronger and taught me things that I don't think I would've learned otherwise. And I love the Lord more for always being with me and am so thankful to Him for healing my dad and showing me His power in all that happens. Whatever you're going through, know that God is in control in your life.


19 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to suffer through all of this, Chasity....your friend and your father, and everything that happened to you in the past couple weeks. This is a wonderful post, and it's glad to know that even through your pain and your anxiousness that you knew God was there. I will keep praying for you, your dad, and your family. Praise God that your dad is okay!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing your week and your heart, Chasity! God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah for all that you said and for your prayers! I can't say that I'm sorry that this all happened for it's made me grow spiritually and has strengthen my walk with the Lord in a way that it couldn't of have had not all of this happened. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. What a heartfelt post Chasity!! : ) I am soooooo soooo glad that your dad is doing better! Thanks for letting us know what happened! About what you mentioned in the beginning of your post- I can so relate to that right now in my life- thank you for those encouraging words Chasity! You reminded me to just let God handle things and not take them into my own hands! Thanks so much Chasity!! You are such a great friend and Christian example!!! I will be praying for your dad and family as well : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Britt! It can be hard letting go but it's worth it because God will work things out better then we could on our own. I'm glad I could encourage you and you are also a great friend and Christian example to me! Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete
    2. Aww...you are so sweet Chasity! :) You are in my prayers!!

      Delete
  3. This is one of your best posts and most definitely my favorite!!! I'm so blessed to be able to see you grow and mature into a beautiful young lady who fears God and puts every aspect of her life in His hands!! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Jeri!! You are too sweet! Thanks for commenting! I love you too!!!!! ♥

      Delete
  4. That is very sad about your dad, but God has used it to bring him closer to Him which is a very good thing.

    Love in Christ
    ~*Chantelle*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He has! It's brought me closer to Him too. =)

      Delete
  5. Wow, you've had quite the trials lately. It is good to hear that your dad is doing better.

    I'm sorry about your friend. I have experienced that before - it was hard.

    How wonderful is it though that God has brought you closer to Him through all this!

    I'll keep you & your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Yup, all this has definitely played a part in bringing me closer to God. Thanks for praying for us!

      Delete
  6. This post was wonderful! I was so glad to hear he is doing better on Google +-that must have been so scary! Praying!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a great thing the part that you are letting God lead... I to am letting that happen though i am weak do to a stomach virus ugh :( but i asked for prayer and know God has his hands on me and the boys... I tried to control it bit i finally realized that only God can heal me!!! You are a wonderful person an love how God is working in your life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I missed you in church on Thursday night! =( Yes, only God can heal you and I pray that He will. =)

      Delete
  8. You were SO funny on the phone yesterday, Chasity!!! You really made me laugh(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, glad to have made you to laugh! =P I was so hyper!! *.*

      Delete

Drop your comments here! But remember: "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." (Proverbs 16:24) Any inappropriate or rude comments will not be published!
If you ask a question or even if you don't, be sure to check back to see if I replied to you. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...